Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Bloody Vapidity


So I have this particularly bizarre habit of watching horrible movies because they frankly are more entertaining than the ones that are "good". I mean really, I can only sit through things like "The English Patient" about once every 6 years, however, I could watch epically funny failures like "My Bloody Valentine 3D" over and over again purely for the laughter.

There is something about cinema, where so much is expected, nay, demanded, and the viewer ends up watching these drawn out fable like classics with melodrama out the ears and everyone is supposed to nod sagely and depart after. Frankly, this is the same garbage I went through as a Lit major, only it was literature tripe versus it's film equivalent.

That being said, while I'm much more of a casual movie viewer than most, this movie was still absolutely absurd and completely rubbish. My sides hurt by the end of it and my mouth was sore from laughter, but my brain was hurting because of all the plot holes it continued to trip on. This being said I plan on exploring these a little more in depth later, when I'm not so damned tired.

Post to be ammended with all due haste,
-Lauran

1 comment:

  1. So I take it you didn't appreciate the artistically placed blood and guts, nor the short but sophisticated dialog of the actors.

    Pity.

    There's always LTM...

    ReplyDelete